The Senior Accountant Staff position offers many challenges and opportunities in a fast paced environment for a leading Health Care Organizations. Primary responsibilities are the participation in the monthly financial closing process and assisting in the preparation of closing documentation and schedules supporting internal and external reporting.
Key Responsibilities/Duties - what you will be doing
- Participate in the monthly financial close process by compiling and summarizing information from a variety of sources both internal and external to the department. Conduct variances analysis on results to ensure integrity of data presented.
- Review and maintain detailed account analysis of balance sheet accounts and reconcile to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and process journal entries to the Oracle General Ledger system. Review various monthly interfaces for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statement packages for both internal use and senior management.
- Assist in the preparation quarterly statutory filings and annual audited financial statements.
- Assist in the maintenance of a strong internal control environment including participation in the Model Audit Rule documentation and testing.
- Prepare monthly and annual settlements for certain products as required .
- Assist in all phases of the annual audit, budget preparation, and variance analysis.
- Review of the finance section of the provider Contract Implementation Database (CID's) for clarity and finance implementation needs.
- Other special projects as required.
Qualifications - what you need to perform the job
EDUCATION: (Minimum educations & certifications required)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- 4-6 years of relevant prior general accounting or other relevant experience
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Proficiency in Windows based software is required. Additional experience using Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), BlackLine Reconciliation and other ERP Financial Applications are pluses.
- Strong organizational skills are required as the incumbent will be forced to prioritize workflow to meet monthly deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills are required as the incumbent will interact with various company personnel, at all levels, as well as external auditors.
- As the incumbent is exposed to confidential financial results, the applicant should have a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Incumbent should have a general understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and be able to apply these principles to transactions occurring on a monthly basis.
- Incumbent is required to use and maintain various system applications.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do-from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R6571